- a single point dominating the composition
- two points
- several points in a deliberate shape
- a combination of vertical and horizontal lines
- distinct, even if irregular shapes
- at least two kinds of implied triangle
I anticipate taking most of the photographs indoors which makes them easy to reproduce and adjust if necessary.
A single point dominating the composition
5113: 1/5s f10 90mm (daylight from rear with 60cm soft box 45° and 1.7m to the left - for soft fill flash. White balance set for direct sunlight)
(click the image to enlarge in separate window)Rather than having just the tomato on a plain cloth, I have included some dried pasta to add interest. There was no particular arrangement in mind, the pasta was just poured out of the jar. I have turned a few over as they tend to fall open side up. I chose a tomato for it's dominant colour and placed it in the lower left section of the frame to give moderate dynamism.