Tuesday 12 April 2011

Assignment 2: Elements of Design: Pattern

Pattern (updated 20/04/11)

This dried macaroni is contained within a glass storage jar. The random distribution of shapes caught my attention and I photographed one face of the jar, filling the frame. I'm not really sure if this has enough impact. I may have to rethink it...........

5255 1/125s f8 120mm. 60cm softbox at 45ยบ and to the left. White balance set for flash.

(click on the image to enlarge in a separate window)

20/04/11 I did rethink this and decided that I should use a subject with more tones and contrast. I chose to photograph almonds, almond kernels and blanched almonds which not only added tone and contrast but texture as well. The lighting set up is as shown below:



5398: 1/125s f11 35mm standard f1.8 lens.


(click on the image to enlarge in a separate window)

No comments:

Post a Comment